Last Updated January 3, 2022
INFORMATION GIRAFFE MAY COLLECT
We may collect information from you when you visit our website, fill out a form on our website, call in to give us information, interact with us as part of a business transaction, subscribe to any newsletters or blogs we may offer, visit any social media site and of course, when you complete our application form.
We may use this information in any one or more of the following ways:
- To improve customer service, as your information helps us to more effectively respond to your service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions for you (i.e., prequalification for mortgage products) or help your online activities.
- To send periodic emails that may contain information about Giraffe, the products and services we offer, and other information that you may find useful. The emails may also be used to send you information and updates about your loan transaction.
- To assist you in locating other companies capable of delivering products, services or information in which you may have an interest.
- To share your information with our third-party business partners for which Giraffe is working as a lead generator, consistent with your consent.
The information we may collect could consist of any of the following:
INFORMATION YOU DIRECTLY PROVIDE TO US
Like many other web sites, Giraffe’s website makes use of log files. These files merely log visitors to the site — usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting service’s analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
We also may collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies. We and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) store or collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the company (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that may be downloaded to your personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “Device”) whenever you visit or interact with us. The Usage Information may include, but is not limited to, your browser type, operating system, software version, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address or other unique identifier for your Device, Device location and other Device characteristics. Various methods and technologies to store or collect Usage Information may be used such as cookies and web beacons (also see above section on cookies and web beacons). You may adjust your browser or operating system settings to limit this tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the company site or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Check the “Help” menu of your browser or operating system to learn how to adjust your tracking settings or cookie preferences. Please note that our system may not respond to Do Not Track requests or headers from some or all browsers.
OUR ADVERTISING PARTNERS
OTHER THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
HOW GIRAFFE MAY USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR NON-PUBLIC INFORMATION
PERSONAL FINANCIAL INFORMATION
OTHER NON-PUBLIC INFORMATION
DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURES
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Other important information for California residents.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to receive:
- Information identifying the names and addresses of any third party company(ies) to whom we may have disclosed, within the past calendar year, personal information pertaining to you and your family for that company’s own direct marketing purposes; and
- A description of the categories of personal information disclosed for those purposes.
To obtain such information you must make a request in writing. Your request must include your name registration (email address), the site name you visited and a return address or it will not be processed. We will not honor such requests more than once per calendar year. Requests made via email will not be accepted. Please mail your request to the address listed below:
Giraffe Reverse Mortgage Company
10727 White Oak Avenue, Suite 121
Granada Hills, CA 91344