Your California Privacy Rights
This section applies to any California residents about whom we have collected personal information from any source, including through your use of our website https://www.giraffelending.com/ (the “Website”), including by filling out a form on our Website, buying our products or services, or communicating with us electronically, in paper correspondence, or in person (collectively, “you”).
Giraffe (“Giraffe”) applies privacy and security protections to certain of your information as required by US federal law, including privacy disclosures that can be found here. This information includes information that we collect in our capacity as a lead generator for other companies, consistent with your consent. As such, this Section of our Policy is limited to personal information that is not federally regulated.
For purposes of this section, “personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California consumer/resident or household. Personal information does not include publicly available information or information that has been de-identified.
What Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers, which includes but is not limited to first and last name; alias; assessor parcel number (“APN”); birth certificate; insurance certificate number; death certificate; driver’s license number; employee identification number; email address; family information; fax number(s); immigration/naturalization number; Internet Protocol (“IP”) address; loan identification number; online account username/password; passport number; professional license number; postal address; retirement account number; Social Security number; telephone number; trust name; state or other government-issued identification card number; tax identification number; and unique personal identifier based on the device you are using; zip code and/or other similar identifiers;
- Commercial information, which includes but is not limited to records of personal property; products or services purchased, obtained, or considered; account balances, payment history, or account activity; other information relating to your financial institution; credit application, credit checks, and information from credit reporting agencies; and/or other purchasing or consumer histories or tendencies;
- Information relating to Internet activity or other electronic network activity, which includes but is not limited to browser type; clickstream data; cookie identifiers; clear gifs (a.k.a. web beacons/web bugs); date/time stamp; device identifier/serial number; device platform; device version; IMEI; MAC ID; operating system; software version; pixel tags; referring/exit pages; RFID tag; number of clicks and/or other device characteristics including your choice of settings such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Global Positioning System (“GPS”), as well as your activities and movements across our websites throughout your browsing session, including the track clicks/touches, mouse movements, scrolling, keystrokes, data entered, device information and orientation, and screen size (together, “session data”);
- Geolocation data, which includes but is not limited to Global Positioning System (“GPS”) data; locational information based upon your IP address; cell network data; and/or other similar locational data; and which may be collected from various devices including your mobile device(s) or vehicle(s);
- Audio, electronic, or visual information, which includes but is not limited to records of calls to or from our company; and/or video surveillance information;
- Professional or employment-related information, which includes but is not limited to your current and previous employers; employment status; job title and responsibilities; household income; compensation information and/or other information related to your work history and/or prospective employment;
- Education information; which includes but is not limited to education history and language spoken;
- Information not listed above and related to characteristics protected under California or federal law; which includes but is not limited to age, date of birth; disability status, gender; marital status; military service/veteran status; birth place; nationality; race and ethnicity; citizenship status; and/or union membership;
- Other personal information not listed above and described in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e), which includes but is not limited to bank account number, routing number, credit card number and associated CVV2, expiration date, credit history, report, and score; FHA case number; home and mortgage insurance certificate number; ; real property value; stocks and bonds account number; tax information; signature; physical characteristics or description; insurance policy number; and/or other financial, medical, and/or health insurance information.
To help you further understand what we do with the above categories of personal information, we have provided you with a chart detailing the sources, purposes, and any sharing related to each category. You may review that chart by scrolling down to “Table 1” of this Policy.
What We Do With Your Information
We may collect or use personal information from you for the following purposes:
Assessing third party vendors / service providers
Audit, compliance, policy, procedures, or regulation
Billing, payment, and fulfillment
Customer claims and fraud investigation and prevention
Customer relationship management
Financial reporting and accounting
General business administration
Legal compliance and other legal/regulatory matters
Marketing our products and services, and other general
Processing transactions for you
Systems and data security
Website optimization, personalization, and maintenance
Sources of Collected Information
We may collect personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Our customers, prospective customers, and website visitors, including via our websites, mobile applications, telephone, text message, postal mail, social media, forums, message boards, chatbot, or other means;
- Our service providers, which includes customer relationship management providers, analytics providers, website hosting providers, systems administrators, mortgage lending service providers, and communications delivery services;
- Other third parties, which includes insurance companies, law enforcement, operators of other websites and mobile applications, online advertising partners, and other data suppliers; and
- Information that is publicly available online or elsewhere.
Who We Share Information With
We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers
- Other third parties, such as companies that are part of behavioral advertising networks.
We sell the following categories of personal information:
- Information relating to Internet activity or other electronic network activity
Your Privacy Rights
- Right to Know. If you are a California resident, you have the right to request what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and/or sell, as applicable. You may access our CCPA Request to Know form by clicking here. Or you may call us to make this request telephonically at 1-866-723-6466.
- Right to Delete. If you are a California resident, you have the right to request the deletion of your personal information that is collected or maintained by us. You may access our CCPA Request to Delete form by clicking here. Or you may call us to make this request telephonically at 1-866-723-6466.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sale. If you are a California resident, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by us. You may access our CCPA Request Not to Sell by clicking here. Or you may call us to make this request telephonically at 1-866-723-6466.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. If you are a California resident, you have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of the privacy rights described above.
Notice of Right to Opt-Out
- Do not sell my personal information